The continual popularity growth of the surveillance systems has made security cameras more accessible to the average person that seeks a plus of safety for him and for his family.
Speculating this, manufacturers began developing security cameras that are specially designed for personal use. The resulting diversity of items available might seem at first sight overwhelming for the normal person that considers buying one.
Since not two products are the same, it is highly recommended that before making any purchase you get to know the basics about security cameras, in order to be able to choose the right product for your needs.
These are the general types of video surveillance cameras purchasable in any area from a store that handles the security sector. Knowing the basics about each will help you make up your mind easier and avoid any further complications that might appear.
- Wired security cameras: These are by far the most common choice for all those that want a permanent solution. They require to be connected all the time to a power source. In terms of price range, these models are perhaps the most diversified as they are the most popular. New functions and increased efficiency are constant improvements of these cameras, since all the major manufacturers consider them as their primary source of income for the home surveillance market. They are the recommended choice for someone who wants to install his first security camera.
- Wireless security cameras: These are still considered more experimental technologies. Even though they are available in plenty of models and variations they do not have yet the same compatibility as wired cameras. Generally these are considered more advanced devices and are usually employed in the use of companies that want to monitor their properties in a professional manner, with a dedicated surveillance system handled by specialists.
- Night vision security cameras: These cameras are not necessarily useful only at night, but also in certain areas where there is not enough light, even during day time. They record in black and white and are generally used around warehouses and office buildings. Most people do not consider them as the right choice for their homes and find that their high price is a major drawback.
- Fake security cameras: The sole purpose of these models is to try to discourage any burglar or thief to attempt something. They cannot record anything because they are fully plastic made. The significant advantage of these items is represented by their extremely affordable price, which is many times lower than that of an actual working camera. However, most people simply consider them completely useless.
- Hidden security cameras: These generally come in two categories, either professional or exclusively for home use. The professional ones are used in many situations and especially by museums, art galleries and so on. Their purpose is to record a certain area that people do not expect to be monitored, and where they might do things that are not permitted. The hidden security cameras for home use are something increasingly popular, that for example, take the shape of a toy that sits in the room of a baby. These are used by people that recently became parents and that want to keep an eye on their baby all the time, even from their office or working place. Even if it is for an innocent purpose or on the contrary for something more complex, these cameras represent an excellent way to monitor someone without him knowing it.
- Security cameras specially designed for personal use: These generally come as a mini surveillance system for home use only, available for sale in specific stores and also in many big store chains. Manufacturers have developed them with the average user in mind, the one who simply wants to protect a small property without employing the services of a specialized company. Easy to install and to maintain, these generally come either as classic wired cameras or as IP cameras. These are becoming more and more popular, as they can be monitored from a computer or a mobile phone via the internet, from anywhere. Their power usage is low and their lifespan is generally long, but these characteristics can sometimes vary greatly from manufacturer to manufacturer. Overall, they represent the perfect surveillance solution for the average house and family.
These are the most common security cameras available in most specific stores. With their evident security benefits and affordable price they represent a valuable purchase that more and more people make in order to ensure that they will not face any unpleasant situations in the future, related to the security of their property. As manufacturers will develop new technologies that will simplify the surveillance systems even further, security cameras will be a valuable asset for everyone who owns a property.